How to Upgrade
The NTP200/NTP250 will not automatically upgrade, we respect your privacy and control. The appliance will not contact the Internet unless you instruct it to.
A software upgrade can be performed using the admin console of the NTP200/NTP250.
Connect via SSH (if enabled), or use the micro-USB port on the appliance and launch your favorite terminal program. Once connected, press 'U' to perform an upgrade.
If the appliance has an Internet connection, the latest software can be obtained automatically.
If not, you can download the upgrade file and place it on a USB flash drive connected to the USB A port on the back of the appliance while invoking the upgrade on the admin console.
Note that if the appliance has just cold booted and does not yet have GPS lock the time may be incorrect and HTTPS certificate checking will fail due to timestamp mismatch.
Just wait until GPS lock is obtained and the clock stepped. Press 'n' to check the current clock.
If for some reason you need to downgrade or the appliance won't boot, please contact us for assistance.
Software Release Notes
2021-06-16 - v1.13
- Add ability to change SSH password without disabling/enabling SSH
2021-06-03 - v1.12
- Add remote SSH administration
- Add console services config menu for HTTP/SSH
- Add console services status command
- Add NTP clients list
- Fix bug where all graphs not generated on errors
2021-05-25 - v1.11
- Fix bug where gps data would stop updating on console/web/graphs
- Add CPU temperature monitoring
- Add CPU memory monitoring
2021-05-23 - v1.9
- Fix regression in v1.8 to help page LED descriptions
2021-05-20 - v1.8
- Reset GPS module on each reboot
- Fix error message display on missing information
- Add 24hr GPS lat/lon graph
- Increase GPS lat/lon/alt resolution
- Add JSON raw data webpage
2021-05-14 - v1.7
- Fix spelling error
- Improve upgrade retrieval
2021-05-10 - v1.6
- Require <ENTER> after each command on console to prevent accidental execution
- Add IP Gateway and DNS servers to status on console/web
- Add network configuration on console for Static IPs or DHCP
- Fix display of 3+ IPs on web interface
- Update help page with above
2021-04-30 - v1.5
- Add 'sysstats' to ntp details (this shows KoD, rate limit, and other drops)
2021-04-20 - v1.4
- Fix default hostname
- Update DHCP client config to send less items in request
2021-04-04 - v1.3
- Improve factory reset command to reset DHCPv6 to new random ID
- Improve factory reset command to clear wtmp/btmp
- Update help page - add section on GPS attenna optimization
2021-04-02 - v1.2
- Add support for NTP200/250 (Production appliance)
- Reduce min DC power alarm from 8V to 7V
- Update help page - various
2021-03-08 - v1.1
- Initial Release for NTP100/150 (Pre-production appliance)